Senior Applications Engineer
Purpose of the role:
To provide Application team support to the in house Commercial team and UK Sales team with the lighting design requirements needed on major tender and contract opportunities.
Reporting to: Head of Applications
- Carry out lighting designs based on a specification which has been clarified with the Sales team and/or customer and/or relevant standards;
- Attend site visits, customer visits and meetings to run through Application department presentations and when lighting design work is required;
- Liaise with the Customer Support department so quotations can be produced based on lighting designs;
- Provide technical and lighting design assistance for the sales team and external client base;
- Update and maintain SalesForce with new projects received from the Sales team and clients;
- Help develop and meet the Business Objectives for the team.
- You will be an effective communicator with strong report writing skills, commercial understanding and the ability to plan, coordinate and organise a range of activities;
- You will have a good working knowledge of the DMRB and MCHW;
- You will have experience in lighting reality or AGI;
- You will be an experienced user of AutoCAD, MS Project and MS Office software;
- You will have good knowledge of CDM regulations;
- You will have experience in lighting reality or AGI, electrical cable design and of managing programmes of highway lighting works ;
- You will be HERS registered.
Applications will be considered from those with a Highway Design background looking to develop their skills in the lighting field.
- Membership of ILP / SLL or working towards;
- Registered with the Engineering council or working towards;
- Degree/HNC in Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma;
- BS7671 17th Edition
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
Note for recruitment agencies: Please do not forward unsolicited CVs. DW Windsor will not be responsible for any related fees or candidate registrations.