Purpose of the role:
To manage & conduct product testing for DW Windsor and sister Companies including planning and executing testing, recording results, producing reports, maintaining test documentation and ensuring on-going compliance. Maintaining the laboratory and the test and measurement equipment. Researching and exploiting current and future technologies to the benefit of DW Windsor.
- Provide and complete product testing of new, standard and special products in a timely and efficient manner as well as providing associated support across the business;
- Appraise and propose improvements to products and components purchased from outside suppliers;
- Monitor and develop new techniques, technologies, standards and products that may be relevant to the Design and Technical Group and DW Windsor;
- Arrange third-party testing of products with accredited laboratories where necessary at the request of the Research and Technical Manager;
- Maintain the facilities (including all equipment calibration) and data organisation such that the Laboratory remains a presentable feature and data is valid, current and readily available to all users;
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with technical representatives of LED, driver and other relevant component suppliers (including PCB assembly) in order to understand current and future development and the opportunities these may bring to DW Windsor.
- You will be technically very capable and hands-on;
- You will be able to problem-solve;
- You will be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done for the customer.
- You will have excellent organisational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple and changing projects and priorities;
- You will have an understanding of the application of photometry and current lighting-class design and requirements;
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, accurate manner.
- Minimum HNC/D in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a mix of other appropriate qualifications and relevant experience;
- Minimum 10 years of industrial experience in lighting solutions;
- Minimum of 5 years experience of test and measurement of luminaires including photometry, ingress protection, thermal, integrating sphere operation and the requirements of standards relevant to luminaires, LEDs and related lighting technologies.
Note for recruitment agencies: Please do not forward unsolicited CVs. DW Windsor will not be responsible for any related fees or candidate registrations.