Purpose of Job:
To provide technical support to new and existing customers for our Smart City products and solutions both remotely and at customer sites, as well as provide support for our internal teams.
- Oversee deployment for network equipment, including access points, nodes, and IoT sensors;
- Become the expert in our CMS and mobile application and provide initial and ongoing refresher training to customers and installers;
- Provide remote support and on-site supervision to installer/contractors, ensuring that installation is as required;
- Commissioning and fault finding of the network and devices connected to it and investigate any issues with network performance and faulty equipment to minimise equipment being incorrectly returned to us which has no fault found;
- Identify upselling opportunities from a position of trust, developed through supporting both the customers and installation contractors;
- Manage network equipment stock, ensuring stock levels are appropriate and maintain stock inventory.
- You will be an effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation;
- You will be able to work on your own or in a team;
- You will have a proactive, naturally helpful personality, always willing to go the extra mile;
- You will have a proven ability and mindset to quickly diagnose and resolve technical problems in a challenging environment;
- You will be willing and able to travel, sometimes at short notice, as required (est 50%).
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a network support role;
- A qualification in IT or computer networking would be preferred.
- Fully conversant with all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures, in particular Electrical Safety, and be confident implementing and complying with them and reporting any non-compliance;
- Experience in installation and commissioning of IT equipment;
- Proficient in general IT troubleshooting and computer networking, including experience in supporting IP networks, wireless comms and software applications;
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel.
This vacancy is not open to recruitment agencies.