Field Service Engineer
Office based in Hoddesdon when not in the field
Urban Control provides innovative Smart City CMS and IoT solutions for Local Authorities to improve the efficiency of their urban environments. Through the use of data and technology, Urban Control provides solutions to communities.
Reporting to IT Group Manager
Purpose of the Role:
To provide technical support to new and existing customers for our products and solutions and provide support for our internal teams.
What you will do:
- Manage network design process with our network partner;
- Oversee deployment for access points/network equipment and manage network stock inventory;
- Arrange for equipment to be delivered to customer/stakeholder/contractor;
- Provide support and supervision to installer/contractors particularly during the initial stages of deployment;
- Provide on-site supervision ensuring that installation is as required and follow up training;
- Commissioning and fault finding of network equipment, non-lighting IOT sensors and devices;
- Investigate issues with network performance and faulty equipment and minimise equipment being incorrectly returned to us which has no fault found;
- Build and maintain a direct rapport with installers and their supervisors/project managers to ensure they feel supported and we have their ‘buy-in’ to our technology that they are deploying;
- Provide initial and ongoing refresher training to customers and installers;
- Hardware installation – Network equipment, Nodes, Sensors;
- Cover for 1st Line helpdesk and deal with any escalation of issues;
Who you are:
- you will be an effective communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation;
- you will be able to work on your own or in a team;
- you will become an expert in our CMS and mobile application;
- you will have a proactive, naturally helpful personality, always willing to go the extra mile;
- you will have a proven ability and mindset to quickly diagnose and resolve technical problems in a challenging environment;
- you will be willing and able to travel, sometimes at short notice, as required (est 50%);
- you will be proficient with all aspects of technical support including commissioning, repairs and service;
- knowledge of working with an AMS or CMS would be desirable;
- you will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a field service role;
- a qualification in IT or computer networking would be advantageous.
- you will be fully conversant with all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures and be confident implementing and complying with them and reporting any non-compliance.
This vacancy is not open to recruitment agencies.