1. Ensure the installer positions the sleeve and luminaire in the correct orientation otherwise the beam may not point in the right direction: even slightly misaligned luminaires can ruin the desired effect.
2. Close offset positions on large trees can be difficult. Locate the luminaire without cutting through large roots, as this could kill the tree.
3. Due consideration should be given to surface glass temperatures – select a luminaire and lamp combination that offers an acceptable temperature for the intended application.
4. IP67 ground recessed luminaires must not be installed in a hollow where water can stand. Correct installation, with adequate drainage around and below the luminaire is crucial.
5. Final positioning is often best achieved at night whilst the luminaires are illuminated.